1. VERY FEW PEOPLE KNOW THAT I… enjoy fishing and skeet shooting.
2. WHEN I’M NOT ON TOUR I… love to relax and just chill.
3. WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT MY ART IS… the chance to use my voice to do good.
4. A LIFE LESSON I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH CENTRE COLLEGE STUDENTS IS: Be brave. The chance you take could change the entire course of your life.
5. I DEFINE ART AS: Expressing yourself to help others feel emotion.
6. MY MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT IN SHOW BUSINESS THUS FAR WAS: Winning American Idol and knowing millions watched and cared enough to vote.
7. THE PERSON WHO MOST INFLUENCED ME IS: Wow; hard to give just one name. As far as entertainers I would say Elvis and Garth. As far as my support network I would have to say my parents.
8. IF I COULD BE ON STAGE WITH ANYONE, PAST OR PRESENT, ALIVE OR DECEASED, FICTIONAL OR REAL, IT WOULD BE: Probably Elvis.
9. WHILE TOURING, MY GUILTY PLEASURES ARE: Crunchberries and Starburst
10. IF I COULD ENSURE THAT THE AUDIENCE TAKES HOME ONE THING AFTER MY PERFORMANCE, IT WOULD BE: The thought that they want to come back and see me again.
More about the artist:
In two short years, Scotty McCreery became one of country’s hottest new stars, with album sales topping 1.6 million, including a platinum-selling debut album that made Billboard history and helped him win several new artist awards. During this whirlwind career explosion, he performed for President Obama, sung the national anthem at the World Series, performed in the Macy’s Day Parade and put on shows from coast to coast.
In 2010, American fell in love at first sight with McCreery, then a shy 17-year-old boy with a wide smile, preternaturally deep voice and a love of faith, family and his hometown of Garner, N.C.. But that boyish image is merely a fond memory now that he’s turning 20. While the core of who he is and what he stands for remains the same, his strong voice has deepened as he has grown into a seasoned, confident performer who is in full control of every aspect of his career. His impressive evolution is immediately evident on his second studio album, See You Tonight, which artfully captures who he is now, both as an artist and a man.
With See You Tonight, as well as his previous work, his bass voice and an irresistible sound create the perfect blend of contemporary and traditional country. With more than 150 live shows under his belt across the U.S., Canada and the Philippines, McCreery has become a favorite of all ages because of the universal appeal of his music, warmth, and all-American values. His first headlining tour has been so successful—with numerous sell-outs and additional shows added to meet demand–that a fall 2013 run has been announced.
Five months after winning Season Ten of American Idol, he released his debut album, Clear As Day, which became the best-selling solo album released by a country artist in 2011. Indeed, he became the youngest man in history to have his first album debut atop the all-genre Billboard Top 200 albums chart.
Scotty McCreery will perform in Newlin Hall at Centre College’s Norton Center for the Arts on Friday, November 1 at 8:30 PM. Tickets are available on our website or by calling the box office at 1-877-HIT-SHOW.