- VERY FEW PEOPLE KNOW THAT I… Am just unable to count my empty bars.
- WHEN I’M NOT ON TOUR I… Always plan to put some order in my apartment!
- WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT MY ART IS… Dialoguing with the silence.
- A LIFE LESSON I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH CENTRE COLLEGE STUDENTS IS… Listen!
- I DEFINE ART AS…A wonderful, fertile illusion, which makes life worth living.
- MY MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT IN SHOW BUSINESS THUS FAR WAS…Dancing on stage with Wenzel Fuchs during a concert of the 12 Cellists.
- THE PERSON WHO MOST INFLUENCED ME IS… Ghandi, Simone Weil (the philosopher) and Gustave Thibon. And all the great composers of course.
- IF I COULD BE ON STAGE WITH ANYONE, PAST OR PRESENT, ALIVE OR DECEASED, FICTIONAL OR REAL, IT WOULD BE… Lara St John.
- WHILE TOURING, ONE OF MY GUILTY PLEASURES IS…Drinking. When I am not on tour as well.
- IF I COULD ENSURE THAT THE AUDIENCE TAKES HOME ONE THING AFTER MY PERFORMANCE, IT WOULD BE…A musical experience that makes the fertile illusion alive.
More about Marie-Pierre Langlamet:
As principal harpist with the Berlin Philharmonic, Marie-Pierre Langlamet first become acquainted and enchanted with the harp from the children’s album “Piccolo Saxo.” Because Marie-Pierre Langlamet definitely wanted to learn a polyphonic instrument, and the piano class was full, she decided to take up the harp. She received her first musical training at the Nice Conservatoire with Elisabeth Fontan-Binoche, later participating in master classes given by Jacqueline Borot and Lily Laskine. She was only 17 when she was engaged as principal harp in the Nice Opera Orchestra, but a year later she gave up this position to continue her studies in Philadelphia at the Curtis Institute. From 1988 until she joined the Berliner Philharmoniker five years later, she was deputy principal harpist of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra in New York. Marie-Pierre Langlamet appears all over the world as a soloist with leading orchestras and chamber ensembles, and she also gives numerous solo recitals.
Marie-Pierre Langlamet will perform with Lara St. John at Centre College’s Norton Center for the Arts on October 11. Tickets are available on our website or by calling the box office at 1-877-HIT-SHOW.