Centre College’s Norton Center for the Arts opened public ticket sales for its 2019/2020 performing arts season on Monday, August 19. Tickets, starting at just $15 for all performances, may be purchased online at www.NortonCenter.com, by phone at 1-877-HIT-SHOW, or in person at the Norton Center Box Office.
“The Norton Center has always been a community gathering place,” said Executive Director Steve Hoffman. “We designed the new 2019-2020 Season as a celebration of this community. It’s a nod to our rich history and the patrons, sponsors, students, staff, and businesses who have made the Norton Center what it is today: A vibrant example of community creativity and collaboration.”
The Norton Center offers Central Kentucky audiences a diverse lineup of entertainment and cultural arts experiences, now more accessible than ever before. While supplies last, orchestra level tickets to all performances are available for $15. Also new this year: All shows, with two exceptions, begin at 7:30 p.m. to accommodate patrons with busy schedules.
“This season will appeal to new and lifelong performing arts fans alike by blending Broadway with Grammy®-winners, classical powerhouses, high-energy family fun, and one of the world’s predominant ballet companies to bring a bold year of exciting live entertainment to Danville,” Hoffman said. “We look forward to welcoming patrons to the Norton Center to celebrate the creativity and wonder that the arts provide in our communities.”
In addition to internationally acclaimed performers, the Norton Center Season brings a full schedule of events and exhibitions designed to connect the community through engaging arts experiences.
- New TasteMAKER Socials pair inspiring performances with the area’s freshest foods, finest spirits, and most colorful characters. $15 each | October 1, November 23, January 17, February 26, March 10 and March 14
- Meet the artists during casual pre-show Gatherings. Bring your instrument and jam with the artists or sit back and enjoy tales from life on the road. FREE, registration recommended | October 1, November 23, January 17, March 14
- Creative Conversations shine a light on human interest stories and current events that challenge us through an exploration of the human condition. FREE | October 1, October 26, March 3
- The Wright Angle: The Norton Center, William Wesley Peters, and Frank Lloyd Wright exhibition, explores the Norton Center’s distinct design and its relationship to architectural pioneers Frank Lloyd Wright and William Wesley Peters. FREE | September through December
- In partnership with the Kentucky chapter of the American Institute of Architects, The Bluegrass Architecture Festival offers an in-depth discussion of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation along with a behind-the-scenes look at the Norton Center’s unique design. October 25 – 27, 2019
- The Sheldon Tapley: Painter and Draftsman exhibition fills the walls with soaring skies and grand views by Tapley, the Stodghill professor of art at Centre College. FREE | January through May
Visit www.nortoncenter.com to review the full 2019/2020 Season, purchase tickets, and learn how to save up to 25% by becoming a subscriber.
2019/2020 Norton Center Performance Schedule
Sept. 29: A Tribute to the Beatles White Album, Newlin Hall, sponsored by G&J Pepsi
Oct. 1: Russian Renaissance, Weisiger Theatre, sponsored by Stuart Powell Ford Lincoln Mazda
Oct. 9: Lyle Lovett and his Acoustic Group, Newlin Hall
Oct. 12: Styx, Newlin Hall, sponsored by Farmers National Bank
Oct. 26: Aquila Theatre 1984, Newlin Hall
Nov. 23: Hawktail, Weisiger Theatre, sponsored by Stuart Powell Ford Lincoln Mazda
Dec. 6: Under the Streetlamp: Hip for the Holidays, Newlin Hall, Sponsored by Ephraim McDowell Health
Jan. 17: Shakura S’Aida with special guest Chuck Campbell, Weisiger Theatre, sponsored by Stuart Powell Ford Lincoln Mazda
Jan. 26: Shanghai Ballet: The Butterfly Lovers, Newlin Hall
Feb. 5: The Tap Pack, Newlin Hall, Sponsored by Toyota on Nicholasville
Feb. 15: The Chieftains, Newlin Hall, Sponsored by Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co.
Feb. 19: Finding Neverland, Newlin Hall, sponsored by Community Trust Bank
Feb. 26: Cirque FLIP Fabrique: BLIZZARD, Newlin Hall, sponsored by Sodexo
March 3: McGill/McHale Trio, Weisiger Theatre, sponsored by Stuart Powell Ford Lincoln Mazda, Humana Visiting Professors Program, Grace Doherty Library, and Centre College Diversity Office
March 10: Che Malambo, Newlin Hall
March 14: Kat Edmonson, Weisiger Theatre, sponsored by Stuart Powell Ford Lincoln Mazda
May 10: Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra: Mozart’s Paris, Newlin Hall
About Centre College’s Norton Center for the Arts
The Norton Center is home to an annual performing arts season of professional touring presentations. It is also Centre College’s primary venue for music and theatrical productions, lectures, convocations, and live student entertainment. The Norton Center has two venues: the 1,470-seat Newlin Hall, known for its acoustics, and the warm and intimate 367-seat Weisiger Theatre. The Norton Center also boasts a large art collection with many of the works on display in the Grand Foyer and throughout campus.