Norton Center A.C.T.S. (Arts for the Classroom Ticket Subsidy) makes available a number of free or deeply discounted tickets, based on qualifying criteria*, to public schools in Kentucky to provide access for students to attend and engage in high quality and professional performing arts programs presented on our stages.
Norton Center A.C.T.S. helps to maximize attendance and provide access to these crucial life-enhancing experiences for Kentucky youth by greatly reducing financial barriers. Public school teachers in these areas may apply to receive an $8 subsidy per ticket, making Norton Center Student Matinee ticket prices completely FREE.
For the 2018-2019 Matinee Series, a specific number of A.C.T.S. tickets have been allocated for the following counties: Boyle County, Burgin Independent, Danville Independent, Fayette, Garrard, Lincoln, Mercer, Marion, and Washington.
*NEW* Public schools outside of these counties may also apply for A.C.T.S. Funding, and will be granted tickets on a first come, first served basis. Book early to ensure your students can take advantage of this opportunity!
- Educators must complete the Eligibility Form in order to apply for A.C.T.S. tickets.
- Tickets will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please know that we will make every effort to fulfill your request.
- This subsidy ONLY covers student tickets; however, the Norton Center will provide one (1) free adult ticket (chaperon or teacher) for every ten (10) students. Adult tickets in excess of this amount must be purchased at $20 each.
- Please note that any additional costs (transportation, lunches for students, etc) are the responsibility of each applicant and his/her corresponding school.
- This form must be signed by your school’s principal or vice principal.
- Please DO NOT send money now. Your application will be reviewed by Norton Center staff and then you will be contacted with instructions on how to proceed.
To submit completed forms, and for questions or additional information please contact:
Box Office Coordinator
Norton Center A.C.T.S. is made possible by:
The US Bank Foundation
The Corning Foundation
Trim Masters Charitable Foundation
The 2018 A.C.T.S. Fund Drive
A.C.T.S. distribution is determined by the number of students within each service area who participate in the free/reduced lunch program.
Support the ACTS program with a donation. Every $8 covers the cost of a student to attend a matinee for FREE.